Rancho Electro is a web series where I invite a collaborator to Ojai California, where we compose, perform, film and record a new song in the mountains using electronic and traditional instruments. More info at ranchoelectro.com.
Prism Break is a new, Ojai CA based project with Orpheo McCord and I that explores the our mutual admiration for German experimental rock from the early 70s. We are currently recording and sifting for an anticipated release in 2017.
& greg o'keeffe
Greg O'Keeffe is one of my oldest friends and collaborators. We made a record called "Mikael Jorgensen & Greg O'Keeffe" that explores the world of synthesizers and technology in songs that are more rooted in CSN than you might expect.
- Mikael Jorgensen - Keyboards, Guitar, Synthesizers
- Greg O'Keeffe - Drums, Percussion, Electronics
- Adam Chilenski - Electric Bass
- Erik Paparazzi - Electric Guitar
Photo by Austin Nelson
We also made a video:
The Cheetah is a record I made with Chris Girard and Greg O'Keeffe in 2003. We availed ourselves to the lushly appointed wonderworld of SOMA Electronic Music Studios for several days and wound up with this wonderfully weird artifact.
- Mikael Jorgensen - Keyboards, Synthesizers, Programming & Engineering
- Chris Girard - Guitars, Keyboards
- Greg O'Keeffe - Drums, Percussion
- Noel Kupersmith - Upright Bass
- Rob Mazurek - Cornet, Pianet